Sunday 11 September 2011

Dreamworld Cakes

Hello and thanks for popping by :-)

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. It's Jordan from Team Cake here, with a post we're both very excited about!

I first noticed Dreamworld Cakes last year when I was planning my wedding, and was so pleased the lovely Bernadett agreed to be the first company for us to officially introduce. It was Bernadett's amazing flowers that caught my attention when Dreamworld were exhibiting at a wedding fayre. I had to get up so close to be convinced they weren't actually fresh flowers! I can only imagine how much time and effort (and sheer talent!) goes into creating something so beautiful.

Pop by Dreamworld's website or facebook page to stay up to date with all of the latest creations. For now, over to Bernadett...

Photography by Katy Melling Photography



Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and when you started making cakes?

When I was a child I always admired my Grandmother’s beautiful cakes and I think it was this that first inspired me. She loved trying different recipes and of course me and my sister were more than happy to taste them!

In 2001 I qualified as a pastry chef and after working for 4 years in Budapest I decided I wanted to work in the UK to get more experience.

I got a job at Nadell Patisserie in London where I learned a lot, especially how to appreciate quality…so everything started there… :o)

You’ve became known for your wow-factor glamorous, yet delicate wedding cakes (particularly your AMAZING flowers), but we’ve noticed on your website you also do birthday cakes, cupcakes and everything in between. What kind of cakes do you most enjoy making?

I like everything that is a challenge and when the customers let me and trust me to create something pretty or fun! But my all time favourites are wedding cakes… I love creating beautiful and elegant cakes that will stay forever with my customers as part of their special day!


How would you describe your style?

I love simple but elegant and classy things…such as flowers, lace and pastel colours.

And Vintage! Vintage is definitely where my heart is set :o)

Who, or what, inspires your work?

A lot of things can be inspiring…sometimes a piece of wrapping paper is enough with a beautiful pattern on it!

But I have to say I really admire Peggy Porschen’s cakes.  We have a very similar style and I love the simplicity and elegance of her work!

What is the most satisfying part of your job?

Having all the lovely feedback direct from my customers! It means a lot to me when they email me or send me a  card with images of when they cut their wedding cake…it really makes me feel  very happy!!

I recently entered  a competition called “Best wedding supplier/cake designer/  2012”  where only customers who got married between 01/01/2010 and 31/10/2011 can vote and I’ve got a lot of very  nice comments  from my old and new clients! It’s lovely to get so much support… it makes it all worthwhile.

Where can people find you?

We have a website www.dreamworldcakes.co.uk where a wide range of our cakes can be found but also we have a little studio in Westerhope, Newcastle where  people can see my detailed work in real life.
I’ll be exhibiting at the Elite Wedding Show at the Sage, Gateshead on the 30th of October -  if you have time please come and visit me.

Last but definitely not least – what is your favourite cake to eat yourself?

My partner Richard’s (he’s a pastry chef too) flourless chocolate cake that you can taste at Rosie’s cafĂ© in Gosforth!  It’s delicious and doesn’t count as a naughty cake :o) I love it…


Thank you once again Dreamworld, it's such a pleasure to have you on A Separate Compartment xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment